- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Todd Wilbur On Gayle King's Show Part 2 Recipe Video
|Water||3 Tablespoon (divided)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs), powdered|
|Caramels||35 , unwrapped (Kraft)|
|Salted peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (dry roasted)|
|Milk chocolate||12 Ounce (2 bags)|
Calories 3507 Calories from Fat 1085
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 125 g192.1%
Saturated Fat 51.2 g256.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.6 mg
Sodium 1449 mg60.4%
Total Carbohydrates 588 g195.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.5%
Sugars 517.8 g
Protein 37 g73.1%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 66.1% Iron 38.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With the mixer on high speed, combine 1 tablespoon water, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, peanut butter, and salt until creamy.
2. Slowly add the powdered sugar.
3. When the mixture has the consistency of a dough, remove it from the bowl with your hands and press it into a lightly greased 9 x 9-inch pan.
4. Set this in the refrigerator.
5. Melt the caramels in a small pan with 2 tablespoons of water over low heat.
6. When the caramel mix is soft, mix in the peanuts.
7. Pour this mixture over the refrigerated nougat in the pan. Let this cool in the refrigerator.
8. When the refrigerated mixture is firm, melt the chocolate over low heat in a double broiler or in a microwave oven set on high for 2 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking time.
9. When the mixture in the pan has hardened, cut it into 4 x 1-inch section.
10. Set each chunk onto a fork and dip into the melted chocolate.
11. Tap the fork against the side of the bowl or pan to knock off any excess chocolate. 12. Then place the chunks on waxed paper to cool at room temperature (less than 70°F). This could take several hours, but the bars will set best this way.
13. Serve the chocolate bars either whole or cut into 2.
You can speed up the process by placing the bars in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.