- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toasted Ravioli- I Love this appetizer! Recipe Video
|Frozen cheese ravioli||24 , thawed|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||8 Ounce (Italian Style breadcrumbs preferred)|
|Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Smoked gouda cheese||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Calories 547 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 94.8 mg31.6%
Sodium 533.6 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl add egg and evaporated milk. Mix well until combined.
2. Dip ravioli into egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
3. Coat the ravioli with breadcrumbs. Press the crumbs into the ravioli gently to help them stick better.
4. Lay the ravioli on a baking sheet.
5. In a deep fryer or deep frying pan, heat canola oil to 375 degrees F.
6. Fry ravioli in batches around 3 minutes per side.
7. Transfer onto paper towel to drain off excess oil.
8. In a serving platter, arrange the fried raviolis, garnish with cheese and parsley and serve with marinara sauce or any dip of choice.
These can also be baked on 375 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until golden.