- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Toast Pumpkin Seeds, Holiday Recipe, guest hosted by Tony Ichabode Crane Recipe Video
|Pumpkin seed||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Soaked in brine and brine discarded)|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon (or any other herb)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 584 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 420.2 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.59 g2.4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 24 g48.3%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Carve the pumpkin, and take out the seeds.
2. Place the seeds in a strainer and rinse well.
3. In a container pour in the water and add in salt and vinegar. Place the pumpkin seeds and let it sit for overnight.
4. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
5. Take out the seeds from the brine and place over a paper towel.
6. Lay down the seeds in prepared pan and season with salt, curry powder and rosemary.
7. Roast in oven for 60 minutes at 180 degrees F. Check on the seeds and toss in between.
8. For the last minute of cooking in the oven, turn the oven on broil.
9. Broil for about a minute or less, keeping a close eye on them so that they do not burn.
10. Serve Toasted Seeds with coffee and enjoy!