- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toasted Parmesan Garlic Bread Recipe
|For garlic butter|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 Sticks)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried marjoram leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|French bread loaf/Italian bread - 2 loaves, about 14 inches long||2 (About 14 Inches Long)|
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.6 mg18.5%
Sodium 301.6 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, beat together butter, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, marjoram and pepper until well blended.
2. Lengthwise cut each bread loaf into half.
3. Apply garlic butter on the cut side of the loaf.
4. Diagonally make cuts or slits on each loaf to get 1 inch thick slices.
5. On a cookie sheet, set the bread and cover loosely.
6. Place bread with the butter side up and broil at 4 inches from heat for about 8 minutes until lightly toasted.
7. Using a knife, separate the slices or pull them apart.
8. Serve Toasted Parmesan Garlic Bread alongside your favorite soup.
For more flavourful Toasted Parmesan Garlic Bread, keep the buttered bread for several hours before broiling.