- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toasted Coconut Mousse Pie Recipe
|Chocolate wafers||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), crushed|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Toasted coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 (1 Can)|
|Peaches||1 Tablespoon, sliced|
Calories 932 Calories from Fat 666
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g114.8%
Saturated Fat 50.6 g253.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.8 mg
Sodium 185.8 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 42.1 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 0.41%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain the liquid from peaches.
2) Combine chocolate wafers and sugar.
3) Blend in butter or margarine.
4) Take a 9-inch pie pan and pack the mixture evenly and firmly on bottom and sides of it.
5) Whip cream until it reaches a stiff stage and then slowly fold in confectioners' sugar.
6) Mix in vanilla extract and coconut.
7) Beat egg whites till they reach a stiff stage, but not dry.
8) Mix this with the cream mixture.
9) Into the prepared chocolate pie shell, pour the mixture and freeze for about 2 hours on the floor of the freezer compartment until firm, keeping the temperature control at position nine.
10) Top frozen mixture with the drained peaches.
11) Serve cold.