- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toasted Coconut Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
|Lemon pudding and pie filling mix||3 3⁄8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Pastry shell||1 , baked (1 Package)|
|9 inch baked pastry shell||1|
|Toasted coconut||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg
Sodium 163.1 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.5%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.2% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a glass bowl, combine the pudding mix with 1/2 cup sugar.
2) Into this, pour water and then add egg yolks. Mix well.
3) Cook this pudding mixture on high power for 8 1/2 to 11 minutes or until thickened. Stir occasionally.
4) Let it stand in the oven for 5 minutes.
5) Now, pour the pudding into prepared crust.
6) Let the pudding cool for 10 minutes.
7) Meanwhile, beat all the egg whites until soft.
8) Gradually add the remaining sugar and beat until the mix is stiff.
9) Spread the fluffy meringue onto the pudding.
10) Sprinkle coconut on top.
12) Heat on high power for 4 to 5 minutes or until meringue is set.
13) Cool the pudding for about 4 to 5 hours before serving.