- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toasted Cinnamon Sticks Recipe
|White bread slice/Or may use raisin variety also||2|
|Margarine||2 Teaspoon, melted|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 111.7 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400ÂºF.
2. Place the bread slices on a non-stick baking sheet. Use a pastry brush smear Â½ teaspoon of margarine on each side of the bread slice.
3. Cut each bread slice into four equal strips and then set aside.
4. Take a cup or a small bowl and combine in it sugar and cinnamon, Drizzle Â½ of cinnamon and sugar mix over the bread strips.
5. Bake the bread strips for 7 minutes for one side; turn the strips other side and bake accordingly sprinkling sugar and cinnamon powder on the strips for 3 minutes more, until the bread strips turn brown and crisp.
6. Serve hot and immediately after taking out the bread strips from the baking oven.