- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toasted Almond Parfait Recipe
|Almonds||6 Ounce (Unskinned, 1 Package)|
|Maple syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Or More)|
|Vanilla ice cream||2 Pint, softened|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
Calories 633 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.9%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.2 mg
Sodium 134.6 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 59 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) On a baking sheet, spread the almonds and toast in the preheated oven, turning occasionally, until dark brown.
3) Process the almonds through a food chopper or chop very fine.
4) In a bowl, mix the almonds and maple syrup into thin paste, adding more maple syrup if required.
5) In 6 to 8 parfait glasses or wine glasses, spoon a heaped tablespoon of the almond paste and cover with a thick layer of the ice cream.
6) Repeat the layers, until the glasses are full, then cover with a plastic wrap and freeze.
7) Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving and place in the refrigerator.
8) Spoon each serving with the whipped cream and serve.