- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Japonaise Part 2 - Preparation Recipe Video
|Egg whites||6 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||6 Ounce|
|Confectioner's sugar||6 Ounce|
|Toasted almonds||6 Ounce, ground into pieces|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
Calories 610 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 85.7 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 85.4 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 9.3% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine the confectioners’ sugar and the almonds together.
3. Place the egg whites in a clean, fat-free bowl (cleaned with vinegar) and begin to whip.
4. Whip into a meringue and slowly add the sugar in a steady stream after the egg whites have gotten
frothy. Whip until stiff peaks.
5. After the egg whites are whipped to stiff peaks, fold in the almonds and confectioners’ sugar.
6. Bake at 200 degrees until the japonaise turns very light tan on the bottom. Then leave in the oven on
low, or only pilot light, until ready to use (or overnight if necessary). Be sure to let cool
completely before using.
This video is a creation of the-aubergine-chef. You can visit theauberginechef for complete recipes, and more videos.