- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toasted Almond Frozen Yogurt Recipe
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Low fat plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96 mg
Sodium 60.3 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 31.2 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a baking sheet spread almonds in single layer.
2. Let it bake at 350°F, 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted.
3. Cool and chop coarsely.
4. In heavy saucepan let the milk boil and set aside.
5. Beat egg yolks with sugar until light and lemon colored.
6. Gradually stir in hot milk and mix well.
7. Return egg yolk mixture to pan.
8. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until mixture coats back of spoon.
9. Do not boil and remove from heat and cool.
10. Blend in yogurt, vanilla and almond extract.
11. Stir in almonds and pour mixture into ice cream freezer.
12. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
13. Serve with fresh fruit, if desired.