- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toad In The Hole Recipe
|Sausage links||8 Ounce (1 Package, Brown 'N Serveã‚Â®)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
Calories 513 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 152.2 mg
Sodium 518.9 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 0.66%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make the batter by beating eggs and salt until thick and frothy.
2. Fold in the flour, a little at a time, alternating with milk and beating lightly to make a smooth batter.
3. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F (200 degrees C /gas mark 6)
5. Grease a baking dish with oil.
6. Arrange the sausages in a single layer, in the baking dish.
7. Bake them for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. Remove the sausages from the oven, and ladle the batter over them until the sausages are 3/4 covered.
9. Return to the oven, and bake for 35 minutes, or until the batter has puffed in the center and is golden brown.
10. Remove dish from the oven using oven mitts and take it straight to the table.
11. Serve accompanied by maple syrup if you like.