- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Title 2 Kids Cooking TV: Snackulas (aka Tomato Basil Crostini) Recipe Video
|For the crostini|
|French bread loaf||1 Large|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or more for brushing)|
|Basil leaves||3 Tablespoon, chiffonade|
|Tomatoes||4 Small, chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|For the vinaigrette|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 620.3 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Brush olive oil over the bread slices and bake it for around 10 minutes or till the bread is crispy and brown. Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
3. In a bowl mix tomatoes and basil.
4. In another bowl mix olive oil, vinegar and salt. Pour it into the bowl with tomatoes and basil. Toss well to mix.
5. Brush the baked and cool bread slices with garlic cloves if desired.
6. In a serving plate, serve the Crostini with the tomato mix.