- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Golden onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope Lipton)|
|Ricotta cheese/Creamed cottage cheese||15 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Feta cheese||8 Ounce, crumbled|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Phyllo sheets||28 (For Strudel)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted|
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118 mg
Sodium 667.8 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 20.4% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the soup mix, ricotta and feta cheeses, eggs, bread crumbs and dill with a wooden spoon or with your hand to blend well. Set the bowl aside.
3. Unfold the phyllo, remove a few sheets and cover the remaining with a damp cloth to prevent them from drying while you are working.
4. On a clean work surface, arrange 2 sheets at a time. Cut each sheet into 4 equal strips.
5. On each piece, spoon the mixture on the top corner and fold the corner to the opposite edge, to form a triangle and continue doing so till the end of the strip.
6. Place the stuffed phyllo triangles on an ungreased baking tray.
7. Continue cutting phyllo sheet strips and making triangles, until all the stuffing is used up.
8. Bake the stuffed phyllo triangles in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until they are well browned and crispy.
9. Remove from the oven and arrange on a serving platter
10. Serve the Tiropitas with mustard, sauce or dip of your choice.
11. They make very good, easy to prepare party appetizers or snacks.