- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Pound cake||500 Gram|
|Egg whites||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Store Brought)|
|Milk/Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fat free cream cheese||8 Ounce (Softened At Room Temperature)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rum extract||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fat free frozen whipped topping||8 Ounce (Thawed)|
|Cold prepared strong coffee/Espresso||1 Cup (16 tbs), prepared|
|Baking cocoa||2 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate shavings||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.5 mg22.8%
Sodium 386.6 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 7% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
(1) Pre-heat oven at 350 F
(2) Beat Cake mix, 1/2 cup egg whites (store bought) and 3/4 cup milk for 3-4 min
(3) Bake the cake in a 9" x 5" loaf pan for 60 min or until fully baked
(4) Cut the cake in 10 slices
(5) Place the slices in freezer for 5 min to cool them down
(6) Get rid of crisp sides, top and bottom
Cream Cheese Filling:
(1) Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
(2) Add 1/2 tbsp Rum Extract and mix again.
(3) Add whipped topping to the cream cheese mixture. Continue to miX.
(1) Arrange half of the pound cake slices on bottom of ungreased square pan - 8x8x2 inches.
(2) Drizzle 1/2 cup of the espresso over pound cake slices with a spoon.
(3) Spread half of the cream cheese filling over it.
(4) Arrange remaining pound cake slices on cream cheese filling.
(5) Drizzle remaining 1/2 cup espresso.
(6) Spread remaining cream cheese filling.
(7) Sift or sprinkle cocoa over top using a sieve. Spread chocolate shavings.
(8) Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours or until filling is firm. FAT FREE filling takes a little longer to firm.
(9) Store covered in refrigerator.