- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tiramisu: Sweet World #2 Recipe Video
|Cold espresso coffee||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dark rum||4 Tablespoon (divided, 3 tablespoons for espresso mixture and 1 tablespoon for cheese mixture.)|
|Pound cake||1 Pound, cut in 1/4 inc slices|
|Mascarpone cheese||16 Ounce (two 8 oz. containers)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.7%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.9 mg
Sodium 224.4 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 30.8 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 20.7% Vitamin C 0.2%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, put together espresso and 3 tablespoons dark rum, mix and set aside.
2. In a 9 X 9 inch or 8 X 8 inch baking dish, put a layer of cake.
3. Drizzle half of the espresso mixture over the cake.
4. In a mixer bowl, fitted in a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream together, the mascarpone cheese, sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon rum.
5. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the first layer of cake squares and dust with cocoa powder.
6. Put another layer of cake squares, drizzle with remaining espresso mixture and top with remaining cheese.
7. Dust with cocoa and sprinkle shaved chocolate on top.
8. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
9. Serve as desired.