- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tiramisu Recipe Video
|Sugar||6 Tablespoon, divided (3 tablespoons for yolks and 3 tablespoons for cheese)|
|Orange||1 , zested|
|Espresso||2 Cup (32 tbs), strong|
|Rum||2 Tablespoon (or Madeira, Vin Santo, Amaretto, Brandy, Kahlua, Frangelico, Marsala, etc)|
|Mascarpone cheese||1 Pound, softened|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Lady finger||40 , crisped (Savoiardi)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 978 Calories from Fat 528
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.1%
Saturated Fat 30.8 g154%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 421.6 mg140.5%
Sodium 643.4 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g29%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 53 g106.2%
Vitamin A 45.2% Vitamin C 71.6%
Calcium 29.9% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix together espresso and liquor.
2. In a heat proof bowl over a double boiler whisk together 6 yolks, sugar, and orange zest, until the mixture is thick and pale blonde in color.
3. Remove and allow this to cool.
4. Add in the mascarpone cheese and sugar, in yolk mixture and fold well until the mixture turns pale yellow in color.
5. In another bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until they reach stiff peaks.
6. Lightly fold the beaten egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
7. Dip the third of ladyfingers in the espresso mixture and place it in the bottom of a serving bowl.
8. Put third of layer of mascarpone cheese mixture over the ladyfingers
9. Dust with lots of Cocoa powder.
10. Repeat last 3 steps to make 2 more layers.
11. Place the bowl in refrigerator until chill or overnight.
12. Serve chilled and enjoy.