- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tips to Save Grocery Money: Cheap Chicken Alfredo - Part 1 Recipe Video
|Chicken thighs||5 , chop (into small bite size pieces)|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas and carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the pasta|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Pasta||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|For the sauce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat cream cheese||8 Ounce (neufchatel cheese)|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 639 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 125.8 mg
Sodium 966.2 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 36 g71.8%
Vitamin A 63.3% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 40.7% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pot
1. In a pan spray it with cooking spray and pour olive oil.
2. Place the chicken and brown the chicken.
3. In another saucepan melt butter
4. Add the cream cheese stir and allow the cream to melt.
5. In a large pot pour water and add 1 tablespoon of salt, bring it to a boil.
6. Add garlic salt and paprika on the chicken, stir and continue cooking the chicken.
7. Once the cream cheese is melted add the parmesan cheese and stir everything.
8. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 7-8 minutes.
9. Add peas and carrots to the boiling pasta towards the end of 1 minute.
10. Pour milk gradually to the sauce and keep stirring. Season with garlic salt.
11. Turn off the heat and set aside covered.
12. Once the chicken is done, set aside.
13. Once the pasta is cooked drain the water, place the pasta and peas and carrots in a large bowl.
14. Add the half of the cooked chicken and stir.
15. Pour half of the sauce and stir everything well.
16. Then add the remaining half of the chicken and sauce.
17. Stir everything until well combined.
18. Serve the Chicken Alfredo hot.
For the complete recipe watch Part 2