- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tips to make Pear Preserve at Home Recipe Video
|Pear||5 Pound, peeled and wedged (Bartlett Pears)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3436 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 0.25 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 42.3 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 912 g304%
Dietary Fiber 74.5 g298.1%
Sugars 769.1 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 239.4%
Calcium 26.8% Iron 32.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, make syrup of sugar and water.
2) Add pears and ginger and lemon and let it simmer for 2 hours or until the syrup is thick.
3) Turn off the heat and let is sit for a while.
4) Prepare glass bottles and using a perforated spoon put the pears into them.
5) Then, fill in the syrup into to it.
6) Leave ¼ inch from top and cover it and give a water bath.
7) Leave it in water for 20 minutes.
8) Use the pear preserve as and when needed.