- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tindora nu Shaak Recipe Video
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||2 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander and cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2952.9 mg123%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 0.79 g1.6%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the tindora from the center and cut the halves again to get julienne cuts
2. Alternately cut them into circles horizontally.
3. In a nonstick pot heat oil on medium heat and splutter mustard and cumin seeds.
4. Add asafoetida, tindora and salt to taste, stir and let it cook with cover for about 8-10 minutes with occasional stirring.
5. Towards the end of cooking add green chili paste, garlic paste, coriander and cumin powder and turmeric powder and cook without cover for about 10-15 minutes for getting a crunchy textured tindora.
6. Once done mix finely chopped coriander leaves.
7. Remove to a serving dish and serve with rotis or rice.
Use only the tindora that is green inside.
Donot use tindora that is ripe and red or orange inside.