- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Til Laddu or Til Sankri - Til Chikki or Tal Chikki - Makar Sankranti / Uttarayan Recipe Video
|Sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jaggery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 111 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.4 mg0.5%
Sodium 12 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan with ghee. When the ghee melts, add jaggery and stir continuously to melt it. (If you are using the hard jaggery, you can shred it and add it)
2. Add cardamom powder (if using) and the sesame seeds. Lower the temperature of the heat, and stir quickly to mix the sesame seeds well into the jaggery.
3. Add the milk and let it cook for a little while. Stir occasionally.
4. Once done remove the mixture on to a bowl and let it cool. (Do not let it cool completely, as once it cools it will harden and you cannot make the laddus).
5. Smear a little ghee on your palm and take small portions of the mixture, while it is still warm and shape it into laddus and lay on a plate. Once it cools completely it will harden.
6. Serve as as a dessert or snack.