- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Tikoy Recipe Video
|Glutinous rice flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted and chopped|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.86 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.58%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.5 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine glutinous rice flour with the water and brown sugar mixture then mix thoroughly.
3. Add the pitted chopped dates then mix until every ingredient is well distributed.
4. Grease a round cake pan and transfer the glutinous rice flour mixture then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
5. Steam for 45 minutes. Make sure to cover the top part with cheesecloth to avoid water drippings.
6. Remove the tikoy from the cake pan and transfer to a wax paper or cling wrap then refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
7. Take the tikoy out of the refrigerator. *Cook using your desired method.
* Tikoy can be re-steamed, microwaved, or fried after dipping in beaten egg mixture.