- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tijuana Quiche Recipe
|Monterey jack cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|9 inch baked pastry crust||1|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, discard seeds and pits (1 Can)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Room Temperature)|
|Cumin||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten (Room Temperature)|
Calories 633 Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.2%
Saturated Fat 25.8 g129%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 278.9 mg
Sodium 1023.8 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 31 g61.6%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 17.1%
Calcium 86.2% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Over the bottom of the baked pie crust, sprinkle half of the Cheddar and all the Jack cheese, distribute chilies throughout.
2. Save 2 tablespoon chilies and keep aside with half the Cheddar cheese.
3. In a 4-cup measure, heat half and half with salt and cumin on High for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, stir occasionally.
4. Cook to thicken slightly and do not let it boil.
5. In a large mixing bowl, take eggs and slowly stir half and half.
6. Pour mixture into the pie crust.
7. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese and chilies lightly over pie filling.
8. Raise shelf.
9. Cook on Low for 10 minutes; turn once.
10. Brown for 4 to 5 minutes; turn once.
11. Serve hot or cold.