- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thumbs-Up Cornbread Salad Recipe Video
|Cornbread mix||8 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Pinto beans||24 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
|Corn||30 Ounce, drained (about 2 15-ounce cans)|
|Sweet onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), dice|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Bacon bits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), browned, drained (divided)|
|4-cheese blend cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (divided)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ranch salad dressing||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 977 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.8%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 61.8 mg
Sodium 801 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g40.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.1%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 31 g62.7%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare and bake cornbread according to package directions; set aside to cool.
2. In a large serving bowl, crumble the cornbread.
3. Mix in beans, corn, onion, tomatoes, celery, 1/4 cup bacon bits and 1-1/2 cups cheese, toss well and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and salad dressing.
5. Drizzle the dressing mixture over cornbread vegetable mixture and toss well to coat.
5. Sprinkle remaining bacon bits and cheese, over the salad and serve.