- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thrive Food Storage Refried Beans Recipe Video
|Pinto beans||1 Pound|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Minced garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Salt||4 Teaspoon (2 - 4 tsp)|
|Monterrey jack cheese/Cheddar or mozzarella||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Grated Cheese used)|
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.1 mg
Sodium 1422.4 mg59.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Casserole dish
1. Soak the beans by covering in water, either soaking overnight or quick soaking.
2. Drain the beans and cover in fresh water.
3. Add diced, onion, garlic and salt, bring it to a medium heat. Simmer for a few hours until the beans are tender, making sure you add more water when needed.
4. Once well cooked and the beans start to break up, mash them up using a potato masher.
5. Add in the cheese and butter.
6. Sprinkle some cheese on top and broil in a casserole dish until the cheese is brown or a little soft as desired.
7. Serve as a side dish or as a dip with a bowl of chips.