- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thrice Cooked Chips / Fries Recipe Video
|Groundnut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Small potatoes||300 Gram, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
Calories 89 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 157.4 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 0.01%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the potatoes in a colander and wash under running water until starch is removed.
2. In a sauce pan, heat water and add in the potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
3. Drain the potatoes and place in a baking tray and refrigerate for 8 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a deep fryer at 130 degrees F. Add in the potatoes and fry until light golden brown. Take out and place on a kitchen towel.
5. Place the fries on the baking tray and again refrigerate for 8 minutes.
6. Take out the fries and deep fry for 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle salt over the Potato Chips and serve with your favorite condiment.