- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Three O Salad Recipe
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Torn leaf lettuce||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Oranges||2 Small, peeled and sectioned|
|Fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Pitted ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 Small, sliced and separated into rings|
|Crumbled blue cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
Calories 975 Calories from Fat 836
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g147.4%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g86.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.7 mg
Sodium 951.9 mg39.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 133.9% Vitamin C 106.8%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, prepare dressing by combining red wine vinegar, mustard, pepper, and salt.
2) Steadily add olive oil to this mixture and continue whisking.
3) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
4) In a large salad bowl, place lettuce, oranges, basil, olives, onion, blue cheese, and pine nuts. Toss well.
5) Pour in the dressing on top and again toss lightly.
6) Serve the salad by seasoning with freshly ground black pepper and adding more dressing, if required.