- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Three Grain Bread Recipe
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (105° To 115° F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole-wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Millet||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bulgur wheat||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2512 Calories from Fat 720
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.1%
Saturated Fat 11 g54.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1010.9 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 399 g133.1%
Dietary Fiber 44 g175.9%
Sugars 38.5 g
Protein 61 g121.4%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.41%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 113.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Dissolve yeast in a warm water-honey mixture and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes till yeast turns bubbly.
3. Take a large bowl, add rest of the ingredients and using an electric mixture with dough hook, mix well. Mix in the yeast mixture and beat and shape as balls.
4. Take a bowl, grease with oil, arrange balls and place with oiled side on top. Cover and keep aside for 1.5 hours in a warm place, without drafts, for dough to rise and double. Press the dough down hard.
5. Transfer to a floured board, knead for 2 minutes, shape as loaf. Take a 5 X 9 X 3 inch loaf pan, oil it and arrange loaf, with seas side facing down. Using a towel, cover it and place in warm place, free of drafts, for an hour for the dough to rise and double.
6. Bake for 40 minutes so that when tapped, bread sounds hollow.
7. Take out, cool and serve.