- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Three Cheese Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|No salt added tomato puree||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned no salt added tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained, chopped (1 Can)|
|Sliced mushrooms||6 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Zucchini||1 , diced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, chopped|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Light ricotta cheese||15 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed and squeezed dry (1 Package)|
|Shredded parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Tablespoon)|
|Lasagna noodles||1⁄2 Pound, cooked according to package directions, without oil or salt|
|Light fancy mozzarella||3 Ounce, shredded (3/4 Cup)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, divided (3/4 Cup)|
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.6 mg11.5%
Sodium 616.6 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 25 g50.8%
Vitamin A 123.5% Vitamin C 114.8%
Calcium 40% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Use non-stick vegetable spray to spray a large skillet and place it over medium heat.
3) Add the garlic, onion and olive oil and cook, stirring occasionally, till the vegetables have softened.
4) Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, tomato liquid, mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini, basil, salt, sugar, pepper flakes and oregano. Bring mixture to a boil.
5) Reduce the heat, cover the skillet and cook gently over low heat for about 10 minutes or till the vegetables are tender-crisp.
6) Combine together the spinach, egg whites, Ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese. Mix properly.
7) On bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish, spread 1 cup of the sauce and layer 3 lasagna noodles over it.
8) Top with half of the Ricotta cheese mix as well as 2 cups of the remaining sauce.
9) With 3 more lasagne noodles, repeat the layering using the Ricotta mix and 2 cups of sauce.
10) Combine together the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and sprinkle about ¾ cup of the mixture all over the sauce.
11) With the remaining sauce and lasagne noodles, top the preparation and cover with a foil.
12) Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
13) Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of the cheese mix and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
14) Serve hot.