- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Three Berry Kuchen Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), divided|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apple sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (MOTT'S)|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Assorted berries||2 Cup (32 tbs), thawed frozen (blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1680 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 2700.6 mg112.5%
Total Carbohydrates 324 g107.9%
Dietary Fiber 20.4 g81.6%
Sugars 133.5 g
Protein 40 g80.4%
Vitamin A 21.9% Vitamin C 111.5%
Calcium 90.4% Iron 76.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In small bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In large bowl, whisk together apple sauce, egg whites, yogurt, granulated sugar and lemon peel.
4. Add flour mixture to apple sauce mixture; stir until well blended. Spread batter into prepared pan.
5. Sprinkle berries over batter. Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour and brown sugar in small bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over berries.
6. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack 20 minutes.