- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Three Bean Salad Recipe
|Green beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut in 1/2-inch pieces|
|Garbanzo beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Kidney beans/Cooked pinto beans||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), cooked|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple juice concentrate||2 Tablespoon, frozen|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 0.41 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 24.5 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.8%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 39.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a steamer, allow green beans to be steamed for 5 minutes until just soft and then take them off from steamer immediately.
2) In a bowl or storage container, mix together all beans and onion.
3) For the dressing, mix vigorously vinegar, honey, water and apple juice concentrate together using a fork until well blended.
4) Spoon the dressing over beans and toss well to coat.
5) Cover the bowl and keep aside to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes at room temperature.
6) Keep in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow chilling.
7) Again toss well and serve at once with a slotted spoon.