- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thin Poha (Beaten/Pressed Rice)Chiwda Recipe
|Thin poha||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Beaten/Pressed Rice)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chillies||2 , chopped|
|Dried red chilies||2 , break in pieces|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Tablespoon, shredded (Adjust quantity as required)|
|Cashew||1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped (Adjust quantity as required)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Adjust quantity as required)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1109 Calories from Fat 696
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.8%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 456.3 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.6%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 28 g55.1%
Vitamin A 83.9% Vitamin C 184.6%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 79.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat oil in a pan, then fry pea nuts, cashews, almonds, raisins seperately & keep aside.
3. Add some more oil in a pan, add mustard and cumin seeds and let them crackle .
4. Add the green chillies, red chilly pieces , coriander seeds and seasame seeds, fry on medium level for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Drop in the curry leaves, asafoetida (Hing) and the turmeric powder and fry briefly.
6. Remove pan from gas. Then add poha, all powders, fried peanuts, cahsews, almonds, raisins, salt & sugar.
7. Stir poha & toss till it is well coated with oil and spices.
8. Let it cool and store it in an airtight jar.