- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thin Pasta with Scallops Recipe
|35% whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fish stock/Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Linguine||12 Ounce (Preferably Half Regular And Half Black Squid Pasta)|
|Ground saffron||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bay scallops||12 Ounce|
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g62.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.7 mg
Sodium 321.5 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 32 g64.7%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 0.94%
Calcium 12% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan bring cream and fish stock to a boil, reduce heat to low, simmer for 10 minutes and raise heat to medium.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup (50 ml) cold water, gradually stir into cream sauce and cook until thickened.
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine 8 to 10 minutes until al dente.
4. Into the sauce, stir saffron and scallops and cook just until scallops are cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Toss drained pasta with sauce and serve.