- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thin Mints Recipe - Girl Scout Cookies Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||6 Tablespoon|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed (1 stick)|
|Whole milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peppermint extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For chocolate coating|
|Bittersweet chocolate||10 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.6 mg8.2%
Sodium 54.2 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 2% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt. Set Aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. With the mixer on low speed, add in the milk and the extracts (vanilla & mint). Gradually, add in the flour mixture until fully incorporated. Scrape the sides and continue to mix till just combined.
3. Transfer dough on to flat surface, shape it into two logs, about 1 1/2 inches (or about 4 cm) in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1-2 hours, until dough is very firm.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Remove the dough from the freezer and slice it into cirlces not more than 1/4 inch thick. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet close to each other as they will not spread on baking.
6. Bake for around 15 minutes or until cookies are firm at the edges. Cool cookies completely on a wire rack.
7. DARK CHOCOLATE COATING: In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter together while stirring continuously till smooth.
8. Take each cooled cookie and dip it in the melted chocolate and return it to the parchment lines baking sheet. Let it sit for another 15 minutes or till the chocolate hardens.
9. In a serving plate, serve these cookies with your choice of beverage.