- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thick Lentil and Spinach Soup Recipe
|Dried lentils||1 Pound, washed|
|Cooking oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, minced|
|Egg noodles||5 Ounce|
|Spinach||1 Pound, chopped|
Calories 1356 Calories from Fat 781
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g136.1%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg
Sodium 207 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 40 g160%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 39 g77.3%
Vitamin A 214% Vitamin C 74.1%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 69.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large kettle; cover it after putting lentils and water in it.
2) Boil until soft for 1 1/2 to 2 hours careful not to be mushy.
3) If necessary, pour in enough water to maintain the consistency of a soup.
4) Take a small skillet; heat oil in it and sauté onions until yellow.
5) Add this along with noodles to lentil mixture and cook, covered for 20 minutes.
6) Stir in spinach and again cook for 5 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve hot.