- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thick Cream of Corn Soup Recipe
|Chopped sweet red pepper||1⁄2|
|Scallions||3 , chopped|
|Corn oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Corn||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups, Use Fresh Or Frozen)|
Calories 794 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg
Sodium 439.1 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 153 g51.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.4%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 32.5% Vitamin C 76.4%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 32.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy-bottom pan heat oil, add pepper and scallions.
2) Saute until tender.
3) Add a few drops of water to avoid sticking.
4) When scallions are just cooked, stir in flour and mix over low heat for one or two minutes.
5) Add milk and stir slowly to prevent lumps. Stir until mixture begins to thicken.
6) Turn off heat.
7) In a blender add 1 cup (250 ml) of corn and the tamari. Process until smooth.
8) Mix blenderized corn and remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) of corn into milk mixture.
9) Place pan on low heat. Heat thoroughly.
10) With an eggbeater beat egg white until stiff.
11) Fold gently into corn soup.
12) Serve immediately.