- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Ultimate Chicken and Rice Recipe Video
|Fried chicken breast||4 , cut in bitesize pieces (leftover)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (leftover)|
|Cooked wild rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped finely|
|Chopped garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the sauce|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the topping|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 601 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.8%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201.5 mg67.2%
Sodium 627.7 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 36 g71.5%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 47.3% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, put together both the rice, chicken, onion, garlic and cranberries and stir well to mix.
3. In a casserole dish, put the rice mixture up to half up the dish and press lightly to smoothen the surface and set aside.
4. In a pan, heat the butter and milk until the butter melts.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and keep stirring it.
6. Add in the egg yolks, pepper and salt and cook stirring continuously.
7. Put in the parmesan cheese stir and turn off the heat.
8 . Pour the egg yolk mixture all over the rice.
9. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese on the rice and spread to cover.
10. Bake in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the cheese melts and browns on top.
11. Serve hot as desired.