- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Mexican Chile Relleno Dinner Recipe Video
|For chile relleno|
|Canned green chiles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jack cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, shredded|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Fat free milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Zucchini||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|For tequila lime sauce|
|Tequila||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, chopped finely|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For spanish rice|
|Garlic chutney||1 Teaspoon|
|Mexican seasoning||To Taste|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sauteed|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.8%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g124.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 333.1 mg
Sodium 985 mg41%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 34 g68.7%
Vitamin A 66.9% Vitamin C 73.5%
Calcium 82.3% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large casserole dish, layer the chilies. Spread the jack cheese and cheddar cheese over them.
3. Make layers with carrot, red pepper and zucchini.
4. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Pour in the milk and mix well. Pour the egg mix over the vegetables.
5. Garnish with cilantro and bake it in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes.
6. Serve the Chile Relleno with tequila sauce and Spanish rice.
FOR TEQUILA LIME SAUCE
1. In a bowl, combine tequila with lime juice. Add onion, garlic, black pepper, salt, lack pepper and butter. Garnish with cilantro.
2. Serve the Tequila Lime Sauce with chile relleno.
FOR SPANISH RICE
1. In a pan, heat olive oil and saute the onion.
2. Add garlic chutney, Mexican seasoning and tomato sauce.
3. Add in the rice and mix with other ingredients.
4. Serve the Spanish Rice with chile relleno.