- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Youngs make Take-a-Break Bars Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Mixed dried fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Oatmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chunk style peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6398 Calories from Fat 2444
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 297 g456.4%
Saturated Fat 49.2 g245.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1268.9 mg423%
Sodium 8347.4 mg347.8%
Total Carbohydrates 788 g262.7%
Dietary Fiber 68.6 g274.5%
Sugars 478.3 g
Protein 210 g420.5%
Vitamin A 38.3% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 301.2% Iron 704.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, if desired.
3) Stir in fruit, oatmeal and peanuts.
4) Set aside.
5) In large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
6) Stir in reserved flour mixture.
7) Pour into greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan.
8) Bake in preheated 350° F oven until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
9) Cut into 12 bars.
10) Remove from pan.
11) Cool on wire rack.
12) Once the bars are cool enough, serve as and when preferred.