- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Willow's - Adobo Style Pork Belly with a Fiddlehead Fern Salad Recipe Video
|Smoked pork belly||3⁄4 Pound|
|Ginger||50 Gram, roughly chopped|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Black peppercorn||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fish sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shoyu||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fiddlehead fern||2 Tablespoon|
|Frisee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mitsuba||1 Tablespoon (leaves separated)|
|Cherry tomato||3 , halved|
|Garlic oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2208 Calories from Fat 1778
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 197 g303.3%
Saturated Fat 68.6 g342.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 259.3 mg
Sodium 9497.4 mg395.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 56 g111.9%
Vitamin A 50.7% Vitamin C 58.3%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 40.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. In an oven proof dish, add the smoked pork belly along with bay leaves, garlic, ginger, black peppercorns, fish sauce, shoyu, rice wine vinegar and chicken broth.
3. Place it in the oven and let it get braised for 2 hours. Remove, dry the pork belly and cool.
FOR THE ADOBO STYLE PORK BELLY
4. Take the pork belly and score criss cross patterns with a sharp knife on the top surface.
5. Slice the pork belly block into smaller blocks.
6. Heat a pan with the olive oil.
7. Add the smoked pork belly blocks in it and fry it until crisp and brown on top.
FOR THE SAUCE
8. Strain the braising liquid and heat it to reduce and make the sauce.
FOR THE SALAD
9. In a mixing bowl, take the fiddlehead ferns, frisee, tomato halves and mitsuba.
10.Drizzle the garlic oil on it.
11.Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
12. On a plate, empty the salad along one side.
13. Spoon in the sauce on the other side.
14. Place the crispy pork belly pieces on the sauce.
15. Serve right away.