- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Veggie Taco Recipe Video
|Yellow potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Yams||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Black bean||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed (canned black beans)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Canned corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), rinsed|
|Soyrizo||4 Ounce (vegan Mexican style sausage)|
|Mixed greens||4 Cup (64 tbs) (mix of baby kale, chard and spinach)|
|Peanut oil/Safflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (mild California style)|
|Sweet smoked paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, wedged|
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 572.4 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 39.1% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge skillet
1. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes and red onions, and thinly dice the yams, set aside.
2. Rinse and drain the canned black beans and corn, set aside.
3. Preheat the peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
4. Add the potatoes, yams and onions, sauté until they are browned or for 5 minutes.
5. Add the salt, spices, Soyrizo, black beans and corn and continue to sauté for an additional 5 minutes or until the soyrizo turns brown.
6. Add the greens and water, stir and cover the pan, over medium heat let it simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender and the water has been adsorbed.
7. Place the warm corn tortilla on a serving plate and add a spoonful of the mixture.
8. Serve the hot veggie taco along with a lemon wedge.