- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Ultimate Granola Recipe
|Rolled oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Honey||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5116 Calories from Fat 1870
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 220 g337.8%
Saturated Fat 49.5 g247.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 64.9 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 708 g236.1%
Dietary Fiber 95.7 g383%
Sugars 294.6 g
Protein 135 g269.2%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 115% Iron 257.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the slow cooker, place together oats, wheat germ, coconut, oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and sesame seeds.
2) Cover leaving slightly open and simmer for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
3) Allow to cool, add dried fruits and mix well.
4) Place the granola mixture in airtight container and store well.
5) Serve as desired with yogurt or milk.