- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Sexy Vegan's Sailor Syrup Ice Cream Recipe Video
|Rum||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Sailor Jerry)|
|Silken tofu||12 Ounce|
|Peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or a pinch of vanilla bean powder)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2201 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 488.1 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 421 g140.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 407.3 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 13.4% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Freeze the bowl equipment of the ice cream maker.
2. For the Sailor syrup: Pour 2 cups of Sailor Jerry Rum into a pot and put on medium high flame and reduce to half.
3. Add 2 cups of sugar to the pot. Once the sugar is dissolved the liquid will start to bubble profusely.
4. Take off stove and put to chill in the refrigerator for few hours.
5. After few hours, the liquid will have turned to syrup.
6. In the processor, add 12 ounces of tofu, 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1/3 cup of the Sailor syrup, a pinch of vanilla and salt and blend.
7. Pour the mixture into the frozen bowl of the ice cream maker and turn it on to make the ice cream.
8. After 30 minutes, your ice cream is ready.
9. Garnish with peanuts and more Sailor syrup and serve.