- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Sexy Vegan's Massaged Kale Salad Recipe Video
|Kale||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Green cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Agave nectar||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 , chop|
|Mango||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Avocado||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1558.9 mg65%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.5%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 653.7% Vitamin C 533.5%
Calcium 42.5% Iron 32.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the Kale leaves from the stem and chop roughly.
2. Add 3/4 teaspoon salt, the juice of half a lemon, 1 teaspoon olive oil and massage the kale to get the bitterness out.
3. The bitter liquids of the kale would have come out so move it to another bowl.
4. Add 1/2 cup green cabbage, 1/2 cup mango, 1 chopped tomato and 1/4 cup avocado.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of agave nectar, a dash of pepper, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/4 cup chopped almonds and toss.
6. Serve as a side dish or appetizer.