- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Sexy Vegan's- Boiled Artichokes Recipe Video
|Artichoke||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Pepper corn||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 169 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.61 g0.95%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.74%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5913.7 mg246.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.4%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 137.1%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim the spines of the artichokes, if required.
2. Next, remove the stem and 1 inch off the top.
3. Rub the top cut-ff part with a lemon.
4. In a pot, add the artichokes and enough water so that they are half submerged.
5. Add 1/2 a lemon juice and the remaining lemmon halves.
6. Add 1 onion, 1/2 a garlic bulb, 1 tablespoon salt & pepper corns and 1/4 cup thyme.
7. Simmer on medium for one hour.
8. When an hour is done, pull a leaf from the bottom of th artichoke and if it comes off easily, your artichoke is done.
9. Remove all leaves of the artichoke.
10. Plate and serve with a dip like Mayo or Tamari or anything of your choice. Also, remember to remove the choke and eat the bottom part.