- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Sexy Vegan's BBQ Fake-Meat Burger Recipe Video
|Jackfruit||215 Ounce, drained, rinsed, roughly chopped (green or young, canned in water or brine)|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||3 , crush|
|Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegan worcestershire||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid smoke||1 Dash|
|Barbecue sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat hamburger buns||4 , toasted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7194 Calories from Fat 765
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.9%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4469.3 mg186.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1629 g543%
Dietary Fiber 110.9 g443.7%
Sugars 71.7 g
Protein 121 g241.1%
Vitamin A 402.7% Vitamin C 715.9%
Calcium 242.9% Iron 225%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take 2 cans of jackfruit (in water, not syrup) and rinse and cut in smaller pieces.
2. Add the jackfruit to a bowl and season with salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, paprika and 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
3. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in pot and add the seasoned jackfruit, 1/2 a chopped onion and 3 cloves of crushed garlic and stir. Let this caramalize on medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
5. Next, add 1 1/2 cup of vegetable stock, 1 teaspoon of Vegan worcestershire, 1/4 cup of apply cider vinegar, a dash of liquid smoke and 6 ounces of beer.
6. Cover and simmer for an hour and a half.
7. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Next, turn off the stove and spread out the jackfuit mix on a baking tray and toss into oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
9. In a pan, heat up 1 cup of barbeque sauce.
10. After 20 minutes of baking, add the heated barbeque sauce to the jackfruit and mix.
11. Pop back into the oven to 15 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and toss in the rest of the barbeque sauce and mix.
13. Grill two hamburger buns, fill it up with the jackfruit BBQ, add 2 slices of onions and carrots and serve.