- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nutty, Fruity Oatmeal and Chocolate Cookie Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (This can be white whole wheat flour or a regular whole wheat flour)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (this is 1 stick)|
|Dried cherry/Raisin||4 Ounce|
|Bitter sweet chocolate||4 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Pecan/Walnuts||4 Ounce, toasted|
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.6%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.3 mg13.8%
Sodium 172.1 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 53.2 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 0.41%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toast pecans in the oven for about 8 minutes.
3. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl and whip it for 30 seconds or more until it is of a creamy consistency.
4. Add vanilla and yogurt and mix until well blended for 30 seconds.
5. Add baking soda, baking powder, rolled oats, chocolate, cherries and toasted pecans. Mix well until well blended. This is the cookie batter.
6. Take a heaping tablespoon of batter and shape it like a cookie.
7. Arrange in on a baking sheet and keep it about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake it for 11 minutes or until it is lightly browned on the edges and partially browned on the top.
9. Remove from oven and keep aside the cookies to cool before removing them from a baking sheet. Store it in an airtight container.
10. Serve Oatmeal and Chocolate Cookies with tea or coffee.