- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The No Roast Roast Beef Recipe
|Beef rib roast||9 Pound|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Red wine/Stock / water||8 Tablespoon|
Calories 794 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.9%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 286.3 mg
Sodium 281.3 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 0.43 g0.14%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.32%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 94 g187.4%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 3% Iron 53.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 500°F for at least 20 minutes to start cooking.
2) Trim off the rib bones close to the meat.
3) Rub the meat with salt and pepper. Spread butter on the surface and sprinkle with rosemary.
4) Place the meat on a rack in a roasting pan.
5) Place the rack inside the oven to roast. Calculate the roasting time by giving 5 minutes for every pound.
6) After roasting, place the meat inside the oven for another 2 hours, without opening the door for any reason.
7) Open the door after 2 hours to check the temperature of meat. If it is still hot then you can serve at once, else warm up the meat by putting the oven on for another 10 minutes.
8) Season the meat with additional salt and pepper and place on a heated platter. Allow to stand for 15 to 20 minutes at the front of the turned-off oven with the door open. Neatly carve the meat.
9) With the pan drippings and roast juices, cook the gravy by adding little red wine, stock or water.
10) Pour the hot gravy over the meat to serve.