- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Monkey's Lunch Recipe Video
|Chocolate cake mix||16 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Chocolate chips||6 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||4 Ounce|
|For creamy panna cotta|
|Half and half||13 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce|
|Godiva liqueur||2 Ounce|
|Irish cream||2 Ounce (bailey's)|
|Banana liquor||1 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||12 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||4 Ounce|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|For vanilla-cornmeal dough|
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce, melted and cooled|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1230 Calories from Fat 559
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.2%
Saturated Fat 37.5 g187.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.5 mg
Sodium 760.5 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 151 g50.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.4%
Sugars 87 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 36.8% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare cake mix by following the directions on the box and bake in double sheet pan until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
3. Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
4. In a mixer with the whip attachment, place chocolate chips.
5. Place heavy cream in a pot on the stove and boil.
6. Pour heavy cream in readied mixer and mix on low speed until chocolate is completely melted and cooled.
7. Cut out chocolate cake into discs or cubes and place in the bottom of a glass.
8. Pour ganache over the chocolate cake and place in the refrigerator to set, about 15-30 minutes.
Creamy Panna Cotta
9. Combine water with the gelatin in a pot to bloom for 3 minutes.
10. Combine the liquors with the half and half in a bowl.
11. After the gelatin has bloomed, add sugar and melt over low heat.
12. After it has completely melted, stir into the half and half mixture.
13. Pour over the set ganache and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 90 minutes.
For Vanilla-Cornmeal Dough
14. Using a food processor, mix the oats until powdery – about 30 seconds.
15. Add the flour, sugar, cornmeal, and salt to the oats and blend.
16. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, and vanilla.
17. With the food processor on, add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and process until the dough just comes together.
18. Rinse the medium bowl, dry, and flour lightly.
19. Transfer dough to the prepared bowl and knead to blend. Divide the dough into 2/4/6 discs.
20. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
21. Transfer 1 dough disk to a lightly floured surface and roll to a ¼ inch thickness. Cut out desired shapes.
22. Place cut outs on a parchment paper lined double sheet pan.
23. Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
24. Place the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and whip to soft peaks.
25. When panna cotta has set, use a spoon to dollop the whipped cream over the dessert.
26. Place a vanilla cornmeal cookie into the cream and serve.