- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Lemon Drop Part 1 : Lemon Vodka Gel and Lemon Curd Recipe Video
|Sugar||5 Ounce (plus 7 ounce for lemon curd)|
|Lemon juice||5 Ounce, freshly squeezed|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon (of 1 lemon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4130 Calories from Fat 1796
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 204 g313.7%
Saturated Fat 122.7 g613.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1333.6 mg
Sodium 365.1 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 371 g123.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 361.1 g
Protein 52 g103.9%
Vitamin A 133.9% Vitamin C 245.3%
Calcium 74.3% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Lemon Vodka Gel : In a non-stick pot, sprinkle the gelatin in water and allow to bloom.
2) After the gelatin is bloomed, add 5 ounce sugar and melt over a low heat.
3) In a large bowl, pour the lemonade and vodka.
4) After the gelatin has melted, stir into the lemonade mixture.
5) Pour the mixture into 5 glasses and refrigerate for atleast 60 minutes.
6) Lemon Curd : In a pot, combine butter, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Place on a high heat and bring to a boil.
7) In another bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
8) After the lemon mixture comes to a boil, lower the heat.
9) Slowly pour the boiled mixture into the eggs, while whisking at the same time. This is called tempering.
10) Place the tempered eggs back into the pot and cook while constantly whisking until thick.
11) In a clean bowl, transfer the mixture, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate this lemon curd to cool slightly for 15 to 30 minutes.
12) After cooling, carefully pour a thin layer over the lemon gel and refrigerate to cool for about 30 minutes.
13) Use the Lemon Vodka Gel and Lemon Curd to make Lemon Drop Cocktail.