- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Ivy Smoked Salmon Celery Recipe
|Pascal celery/Green celery||1 (1 heart)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken consomme||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Smoked salmon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Clam juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.4 mg
Sodium 311.7 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the celery and clean it.
2. Slice it very thinly to appear like crescent shaped. It makes 2 cups.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
4. Take a saucepan and melt butter and add curry powder. Stir the mixture for a minute or two.
5. Add celery over high heat and keep on stirring at high heat until the celery gets coated with the butter.
6. Stir in pepper and consomme. Don-€™t add any salt because salmon is already salty.
7. Boil the mixture uncovered until the celery becomes semi-soft. It should be able to retain its original crispiness. This may take upto 5- 7 minutes.
8. Strain off the celery and reserve its cooking liquid.
9. Take well -buttered casserole and add the celery into it.
10. Add salmon into this celery and stir well.
11. Top it with cheese and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
12. For making sauce - Take a small saucepan and soften a tsp of butter. Stir in flour and blend well.
13. Stir in the reserved liquid along with clam juice.
14. Stir the mixture until creamy, light and smooth.
15. Season as per the taste preferences.
16. Serve the Ivy smoked salmon celery with sauce after garnishing with chopped parsley.